Tuesday, December 22, 2009

New Years Resolution

Hi, my name's emily. (hi emily)

I've been a bad blogger this year.

I promise to be better!!!

-----------------

Update time...

With all the holiday hoopla and working retail, my days off are limited. So luckily on my only two weekend days off (6th and 20th), I was able to attend the 2nd Annual Motor-Nursing Home Christmas Caroling and Meiner Family Christmas.

For those who are unaware of the Annual Christmas Caroling, my grandpa drives us around in his motorhome to local nursing homes and we spread holiday cheer for all to hear! Vocal warming (drinking and practicing) begins around 2 p.m. so we are getting to the nursing homes at prime time before they're off to bed. We dress in our christmas gear, sing carols, and pass out Christmas cards. In all honesty, it's great to see the smiles and brighten their day. Here are some pictures I got this year.

Kori, Grace, Elizabeth, Me, William

Jamie, Kim, Kris, Pat

Santa & Rudolph......aka Elizabeth and dad

Aunt Debbie & Aunt Pam

Rhys & Michael with the Girls

Next stop.....

This past Sunday was the Meiner Christmas in Pontiac. We headed to my grandparents around noon and had a great afternoon/evening. My grandpa & grandma started up their very own blog so when they travel we are all updated along the way. Usually they send out email after email and thought sharing it on a blog may be easier and maybe even a little more fun! So in your spare time you should check out doc n d info to see what those two crazy cats are up to!

Here are just a few photos from Sunday.

Ryan opening his Sox shirt!

Ashley had my dad and made him a shirt with our dog Paul Bunyan on it. Who dad calls his favorite kid. He loved it! I think the first words out of his mouth were, I can't wait to show him....(meaning show paul the shirt...haha)Me and my favorite gift! Zach had my name again this year and on my list was a cloth bag to store sacks in....and his wife Ashley (my crafty cousin again) made me one! amazing....

Yesterday about noon I started to feel a little sick and by the time I got off work at 5 I was blowing my nose constantly, coughing and had a huge headache! So I spent the evening laying around...and kinda/sorta passed it on to my husband....lets just say neither of us slept very well last night. Today seemed worse and I had to work 12-9 :(....I was couting down the hours until I got off....and of course, just my luck one of our registers needed re-booted (contemplating whether that looks right or not), then wasn't working and so I left work at 9:55.....UGH!! Think it's time for bed.....

No comments: