Monday, March 23, 2009

Engagement Shoot

So yesterday we spent the entire afternoon/evening downtown Chicago with our wonderful photographer Cassie. Preparation started Saturday when Ryan and I went shopping for the perfect wardrobe. We packed a bag in the morning of numerous outfits we wanted to change into throughout the shoot (plus other essentials I thought we would need...like umbrella, make-up, and mirror to check the hair) but we were extremely LUCKY! The weather was perfect....and we had the best lighting, both during the afternoon and along the shore when the sun was setting. We spent 5 hours walking around Chicago looking for those creative/perfect spots.

We did experience a "minor" set back....as Ryan would call it....when I told him it was time to change his outfit. When he tossed me his jeans to put into the bag, he had stepped in something black and gooey...which got ALL over me...and somehow continued to spread as the day went on. We were looking for a place I could clean up and ended up in the first place we found.....a 7-eleven. I washed my hands in a sink that was rAnDoMlY placed in the middle of the store....and Cassie snuck me a wash cloth she had found?/...haha...I got as much cleaned off as I could and Cassie said if any of it would show in the pictures she'll just photoshop it out. She was just more worried about my clothes being ruined.

In the end, the day turned out positive for everyone:

- We drove to Westmont and hopped on the Metra...... on the way into the city we never got asked for our tickets....so we were ridin' dirty!

- Cassie parked across from Union Station in a lot that said $6.00 for 2 hours....She parked at 3:30 p.m. and her ticket said she had to be out by mid-night....sweet!

- The weather was absolutely perfect and no umbrella -ella -ella was needed....

- I got to spend the whole day with the love of my life and the best photographer around!

- We didn't expect to get pictures by the OCEAN when we planned this photoshoot in Illinois.....(kinda had to be there for that one!)

- AND....the homeless guy that received $2.00 from Ryan....he had a great day! :)

OH and how awesome is our photographer.....she drove 1 1/2 hours to take pictures of us ALL day, then drove another 1 1/2 hours back home....probably got home around 10- 10:30 p.m. and still stayed up to put the pictures on her computer and post some on her blog EARLY this morning! Check them out.... www.cassieschottphotography.blogspot.com I'm loving what I'm seeing so far!

THANKS SO MUCH CASSIE! Can't wait to see the rest!

1 comment:

Cassie Schott said...

Thank YOU!! I had a blast with you guys! I can't wait for June! :)