Sunday, August 9, 2009

Married Woman

Wow! So my last post was 10 days before my wedding and now I've been a married woman for almost 2 months! There are so many things I would like to share with everyone (which may take numerous posts). First I want to talk about the day before the wedding.

My Aunt Debbie hosted a Bridesmaid Luncheon for me and my bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law, grandmothers, and all the special women in my life. We had lunch downtown Pontiac at Bernardi's. She hosted a luncheon for Ashley two years back and it was a Beach theme, so we were anxious to see what he theme was for mine!

Superbowl (you're probably guessing, why would it be football?/>?)......Our First Date in High School was a Superbowl party at a friends house, then 5 years later he proposed on Superbowl XLII! It was a perfect theme :)




In high school R was a football player and I was a cheerleader. So the table decorations included our pictures from those sports, flowers potted in footballs, Superbowl hats for each of us, football huggies, and pom poms.



We were able to get whatever we wanted for lunch. And Debbie thinks she knows me 'oh so well' because she made sure there was some buffalo chicken on the menu. :) And that's EXACTLY what I got! MMmmm....

Opening up gifts....

I know I'm going to repeat this alot throughout the next couple of posts, but R & I have the best family and friends we could ever ask for!

My Bridesmaids, Jr. Bridesmaids, and Matron of Honor

The Wonderful host and me!!

4 comments:

Julie S. said...

What a great theme for a luncheon! How fun. Hope you two are enjoying married life!

Ashley said...

YAY for getting "back in the game"! pun intended.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you're back to blogging! I'm glad that you enjoyed the "theme". I knew it the night you told me you were engaged! I had as much fun doing it as you did being there! Love you! Aunt Debbie

Anonymous said...

Oh, and not to mention the fun had keeping the theme a secret from Ashley and having her try to wraggle it out of G'ma or guess the theme -- 80's theme anyone? Swimsuit theme? haha! Aunt Sheila