Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sox / Cubs

Ever since I can remember I have been a Cubbies fan. Recently (Since being with Ryan) I have become a Sox/Cubbies fan. We went to a Cubs game a couple summers ago and this coming August we will be seeing the Sox play (Thanks to Elizabeth and her letter to the paper)!



The past two weekends the Cubs and Sox have been playing each other. Usually I'm not that into the games, but once Ryan mentioned he had a bet going with Craig I became an avid follower of the game. (Ryan doesn't have good luck with bets)


Bet: Cubs win, Ryan owes Craig $2 - Sox win, Craig owes Ryan $2 (Sweep=$10)


Of course, the first series was at Wrigley Field and the Cubbies swept the Sox.


Ryan: Down $10
Emily: Mad


The bet went double or nothing for the next weekend and they played each other at the Cell. Ryan and Craig came over to my apartment for the last game of the series. We ate chicken wraps (my favorite) and meatballs for supper. (weird combo)


Outcome of the game: the Sox swept the Cubs!


Ryan: Broke even
Emily: Happy!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Glad to hear everyone came out happy in the end!

P.S. I had a dream about your wedding last night. At the reception all the cousins, including you two, played Hungry Hungry Hippos. I jammed one of the balls into a hippo's mouth and broke the game on accident. Everyone was pissed at me. I really hope that doesn't happen in real life :(