Monday, August 18, 2008

Thanks Lizzy!!

Like I mentioned earlier, Elizabeth gave Ryan 2 White Sox tickets for his birthday back in April. And the game we picked to watch was this past Thursday, the 14th. We drove home Wednesday from the lake and went to Pontiac because we had left the tickets there. Before going to bed I called Ryan and told him to look up the directions to the park and make sure the game was at 7 p.m. He called me and said, "the game starts at 1:05 p.m.!!!" We really wanted to go to a night game and we thought this one was. We contemplated on going to a different game, but they were all during the week and once school started, so that wasn't possible. So Thursday morning we left Pontiac around 8 a.m. to give us enough time to go to Dekalb, get ready, drive to Chicago, and find the stadium. I was the one driving and let me tell ya, we will NEVER do that again. Next time, train ride here we come. Driving in the city is ridiculous!!! The game was a little boring the first couple of innings, but later picked up and I think we saw a little bit of history (or so I was told). The Sox hit 4 home runs in a row! Which was pretty awesome. Oh, and of course my favorite player, Crede, wasn't playing.....oh well, maybe next time. Here are some pictures from the game...



Cellular Field



Ryan with the city behind him


Ryan and his $6.25 beer (and no shirt...it was SO hot)


LOVE



Action on the pitchers mound

Favorite pic of the day

The view from our seats. Thanks again Lizzy, we had a BLAST!

No comments: