Friday, August 1, 2008

So Long Apartment 7

Goodbye Aspen, Hello Varsity....this past Tuesday I moved into my new apartment. It feels like just yesterday I was moving into the dorms and saying goodbye to my family & Ryan. I only have this coming Fall semester left of school and then I'm leaving Dekalb in December, so when it came to making the decision on where I would live for four months, it was hard. I didn't want to have to sign a lease and then try to sub lease for spring and summer. My mom wanted me to find an old lady who would let me sleep on her couch.....how weird would that be?/? She also told me I should ask one of my teachers.....which would be even MORE weird.....So I was stressing out for awhile. Then it dawned on me, the athletic training class below me has to be here for the entire year, so I asked my peer partners, Ashley and Katie what their plans were. They mentioned they had been thinking about getting an apartment together. So I asked them if they were, if I could sleep on their couch for a few months. When they told me that I could, a HUGE weight was lifted off my shoulders. They didn't make me sign a lease and are letting me pack up and leave after finals! Yay! The apartment is neat, but I'm downsizing alot from my old apartment.

Old Apartment: Room to myself
New Apartment: Futon in the living room



Old Apartment: Own bathroom attached to my room
New Apartment: Shared with 2 others


Old Apartment: 2 closets
New Apartment: Closet in the storage closet/kitchen pantry


Old Apartment: Guaranteed parking spot in lot
New Apartment: Fingers crossed for street parking (and close to apartment)

I don't want to make this apartment sound bad because it's actually pretty neat and the girls are helping me out ALOT! Check it out....there is a spiral stair case which takes you downstairs to Ashley and Katie's bedrooms!


Thanks Christie and Mary for being GREAT roommates last year!!

No comments: