Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Begins Again

SCHOOL UPDATE: We have officially started fall semester classes. I go to school MWF and Ryan goes on TTH. This is my last semester at NIU and during the spring I will be doing my internship. This is also Ryan's last semester at Kish and he will have his Associate's Degree. Yay! We are so excited for this semester to begin and be over. We will be leaving Dekalb in December and moving back home closer to our family and friends. Just have to tough it out for 4 more months!!

JOB UPDATE: As everyone knows, Ryan and I are both still working at Steak 'n Shake. And recently work has been VERY stressful. So I have been in the process of looking for a new job. Today I went to Moxie (a very cute store downtown), Walgreens, and Pier 1 Imports and pretty much got laughed at for asking if they were hiring. My ACI (the athletic trainer at my clinical site) told me to check out Farm and Fleet. That was my last stop when getting applications and the lady seemed very positive. She said they were hiring and gave me an app. I turned it in later today, so fingers crossed I get a call. A girl I have clinicals with said if I get the job I'll probably be the hippest one there....ahha.....it's not a place that I would normally shop at, but a job's a job.

WEDDING UPDATE: We are still hard at work on planning the wedding. The bridesmaid's dresses have been chosen, our DJ is booked, I'm still looking for my dress, and the theme for the day is set. We are currently searching for a photographer. We had one we really liked, but when getting back from vacation we found out he booked someone else on our date. I believe things happen for a reason and we weren't meant to have him. So, we have been talking to two others and plan on meeting them in the near future. We're always open for ideas for the "big day" so feel free to let us know!

No comments: