Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

On September 18th, 1962, my uncle Dave's birthday was changed forever. My mom was born and from then on he would have to share his birthday with his little sister. I'm sure he was thrilled......

(Happy B-day Dave!!)











I was talking to someone the other day about my wedding and how much my mom helped with the planning. We don't always have the same taste in things, but I was actually surprised at how much of the details we agreed upon. She definitely knows her oldest daughter pretty well and when I don't like something...she knows.....
















My mom has 6 kids and by saying she's constantly busy is an 'understatement.' With this many children, my mom is always running us around town. Football practice, student council, birthday parties, you name it.....and she never complains. This year she's taken on the coaching position for Elizabeth's 6th grade basketball team, as if she's not busy enough. Her and my dad will be coaching together. I will post a schedule as soon as I know the dates. This will be fun to watch :)








This past month, all I heard my mom talk about was Kenny Chesney coming to Bloomington and she wants/HAS to go to the concert. And on Labor Day my sisters told me dad secretly got her tickets. Since then I really didn't hear much about the present, so today when I was wishing my mom happy birthday, I asked when the family gave her the big news. She said Wednesday night she went upstairs to get bath water started and caught a glimpse of a piece-of-paper on the toilet. Being in our house...she just thought it was a "DO NOT USE TOILET" or "TOILET WON'T FLUSH" sign....as those are displayed often. When she actually looked at it, I think the paper said Happy Birthday and the tickets were attached to the sign. The girls were waiting outside the door and when mom screamed in excitement, they were in there in a flash. Mom said the concert was great and she had a fantastic time :)





Happy Birthday Mom!!!
We love you

No comments: