Friday, September 4, 2009

New Path

So last Saturday we had our friends Daniel and Brandy over. It was nice to have some company at the apartment. The boys listened and talked about music while Brandy and I talked photography. She's a professional photographer and was teaching me how to use our new camera. I also showed her the photo shoot I did of The Williams in MN and she thought I did a great job. So she asked me if I would like to go with her on Sunday to the 3 shoots she had.....Of course I said YES!!

Our first shoot was at Humiston Woods in Pontiac. This was a Trash-the-Dress shoot. This means the bride and groom have already gotten married, but get back into their dress/dress clothes and have a photo shoot without worrying about getting dirty.

Our second shoot was a 3-year old girl. We met her & her mom downtown Morris, took some pictures there and then headed to the park. She was adorable and loved being in front of the camera. Her mom is the cheerleading coach for Morris High School....So I'm sure she gets alot of attention!


And our last session was a Senior photo shoot. She was from Morris also. Her dad was a firefighter so we were able to get some shots in front of the fire trucks....She was very photogenic!


I'm so glad Brandy asked me to come along with her. I posted my pictures on Facebook and received alot of positive feedback. I've also booked my own photo shoot on Sept. 13th and Brandy has asked me to help her with a wedding in January. This link will take you to all of the sessions + pictures I've edited from other photo shoots.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Em those are awesome!! Serious talent. And did you cut your hair?? Mmm... I like it, I like it =)

Desiree said...

Oooooh ok, now that I've read this blog everything is making more sense! That's SOOOOO awesome you are getting so involved with photography! I love your pics so far!!