Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Again!

Today is my Mom's birthday!! She is a GREAT mother and I'm so blessed to have loving parents. She is a teacher at Central School now and before that, she was the 1st & 2nd grade teacher at Graymont for 21 years. Alot of my friends had her as their teacher and claim she was the best teacher they ever had! My best friend, Kym, was in her class and when St. Mary's had no school I would go with my mom to work. She would let me sit by Kym and we probably didn't pay attention at all.

She is the mother of 6 kids and I cannot count the number of football, basketball, baseball, softball and cheerleading events she has gone to. One thing that she does during, say a baseball game, is make sound effects when she's cheering on my brother....ahahha....She's the biggest fan in the stands! She claims she was very athletic when she was in grade school and high school. And I'll admit it, she can beat me in a race! She was a cheerleader at Central Catholic and then coached cheerleading for awhile at Graymont. Kym and I loved going with her to the games and sitting in the pom poms. We would always tell my mom to make the girls do the cookie monster cheer! (hahah.....I doubt anyone does that cheer now)


I love that her and I wear the same size shoes. Except when we get the same pair, she'll put red dots on the bottom of mine. She says she does this so that when I get mine dirty, I can't switch them with hers....ahhaha....real funny!

Recently her and all of us kids have been begging my dad to buy us a pool! Pretty much everyday in the summer she is taking my sisters to Statefarm park in Bloomington. If we had a pool of our own, we could save money on gas and have family/friends over for fun cookouts and parties. She's still working on that for us...fingers crossed!!



Now, she is helping me with wedding planning. We have gone to a bridal expo, wedding dress shopping, she cheered me on at Running of the Brides, and has helped me with many other ideas. We still have lots to do. I hope I'm as good of a wife and mother as she is.

Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments: