Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's Been Awhile...

So I realized that it's been awhile since my last post. Sorry...Not too much is new in Dekalb. We have finished two weeks of school already and this week is half way over.....which is nice to see the semester flying by!

Friday night we went home and watched the PTHS Football Game with my family. My sisters performed during the halftime of the JV game, but we didn't get back in time to watch them. :( I heard they did great. It makes me miss cheerleading alot!

Saturday we had Ryan's cousin Chrissy's Wedding. So Judy, Deric, Ryan and I all drove together to Portage/Chesterton, Indiana. Judy drove the way there and I was her co-pilot. According to Deric and Ryan, we thought it was hard getting to the wedding, but I think we did a pretty good job. The wedding was in Chesterton and was outdoors. When we first got there we visited with family members under the pavilion. Once the ceremony started we took our seats and the bugs were HORRIBLE! Luckily they weren't biting us because if they were I would have looked like I had chicken pox. It was funny to hear the ring bearer state the obvious and say, "There are alot of bugs out here!" pretty loud during the ceremony....hahaha....On the way to the reception, Ryan, Deric, and I drove in one car and Judy went with her dad and brother Bill. We followed them for a little while, but they couldn't find the place, so our car took over because we had the written directions. The reception's theme was 1920's. So before going in I put on my boa and beads. Ryan wore his 20's outfit to the wedding and the reception. (he looked pretty good with his dress shirt, tie, vest, and hounds tooth pants) The reception had very good food and everyone looked great in their outfits, especially the flower girl in her purple flapper dress. We had a 2 hour car ride home so we stayed for a little of the dancing and headed out. Since Ryan and Deric took part in the open bar, I drove home. We had a pretty good trip!

Sunday was like every Sunday. We stayed in Pontiac until 1 and then left for Dekalb for work. We had a great weekend and Saturday made me even more excited for our wedding.

OH and if you haven't heard, we decided on a photographer for the wedding!!! Stevie, a friend from work, told us her sister does photography. So about a week and a half ago we met with Cassie Schott at Panera. She brought her computer and showed us examples of previous work she has done. We had looked at her blog before meeting with her (which is under links if you want to visit it and check out her work) and loved what we saw. So, I spoke with her today and she is very excited to shoot our special day! Yay!

Next on the wedding agenda:

  • Florist
  • Cake
  • Decide what the invitations will look like (which I need to talk to Aunt Paula, Theresa, and Debbie about)
  • Finalize the Guest List

Lots to do!

1 comment:

Cassie Schott said...

Thank you for choosing me as your photographer! I can't wait!! :)