Sunday, May 10, 2009

Grace's Special Day

On May 3rd, Grace received the sacrament of Holy Communion....and...it was her 8th Birthday!! She looked so pretty in her white first communion dress and "face framer" veil. And if you know Grace, then you know she is the Queen of Fashion. So picking out her dress and veil was something she has looked forward to and turned out to be a big deal! We first hit up The Dwelling Place in Bloomington because that's where we found Elizabeth's dress a couple years ago. Grace was making faces of disgust as we shopped the ONE rack they had. Mom and I tried to get her to stop with the faces because the man was standing right there. Luckily, someone else came into the store, which helped us escape. I believe Grace's first words out of the store were "that's Ridiculous! They only had 1 rack!" ahhaahha.......So the search continued......


We loved the dress she wore last weekend! She looked like a little princess and a mature 8 year old.

She knows absolutely everything about being a girly, girl. From eye liner and fake nails to push-up bra's and wedged heels. She seriously is 8 going on 28. She could put together any outfit for any occasion.....with accessories and the perfect hair-do. If you don't match or have repeated an outfit, she'll know and tell you about it!


Today in church she informed me that the girl in line for communion bought her shirt at Maurice's. What 2nd grader would know that?


Grace is my little shadow. She follows me around everywhere I go and probably knows me better than I know myself. I tell her alot of stuff....which hopefully somethings she keeps to herself! Dad loves it when he calls my phone and asks if my shadow is right there. The answer is always "yes."


I love that she keeps me company in the bathroom while I take a shower. And if I would let her, she would LOVE to shave her legs!


Grace loves to hang up my clothes...(which I'm not complaining) She knows exactly how I like the hangers and could tell you how many black tank tops I own. And if they made "pumps" in a size 1 she would wear them everyday!


This year is her first year in softball. Her first game is tomorrow and I'm SO excited to go and watch. Oh and picking out her glove was another shopping experience with Grace. I wasn't there, but heard she was a little upset that her glove was going to be black and grey!.....how horrible....Dad probably hates doing that stuff now with his girls and not the boys. Can't wait to see her on the field.


Happy Birthday Grace!!! Love You!!!

No comments: