Monday, May 4, 2009

Our Family Wedding Shower

On April 11th (i know, i know....it's taken me awhile) our aunts and uncles put together a wedding shower for Ryan and I. It was an evening event at the Parish Hall in Pontiac. It was for both Ryan's family and mine. We had a blast getting together with everyone. I had my sisters on video camera and regular camera duty........so I have some photos, but of course not of the things I would have liked. Luckily, Ashley, Theresa and other family members were taking pictures (that hopefully I'll get copies of :)

The Hall was packed with great food, beautiful decorations, and wonderful company. The theme of the day was "The Perfect Pear" So, the table decorations and cute invites were pears, accompanied with green's and brown's (our wedding colors)

........which a little side note.....47 days....holy lord!



See what I mean.....I really didn't need pictures of my brother goofing around as a handicap person.


We played a few games during the shower. For the first game, Ryan had to choose 4 of his family members and I had to choose 4 of my family members. Then we battled each other in a game of "Family Feud." The topics were of wedding things and I hate to say it, but Team Meiner lost this game......

The second game was a little relay. Boys Vs. Girls.....Boys dressed up as Bridemaids and Girls dressed up as Groomsmen.....I am happy to say that the girls team WON!!! :)

The final game was played as Ryan and I opened up gifts. Bingo sheets were given and if we opened up a gift that was on their Bingo sheet, they were to cross it off. As soon as they got 5 in a row....they won a prize!


Adorable......


One of our Flowergirls and our Raindeer :) (as Natalie calls him)

Ryan and I are so lucky to have such wonderful families. We received a bunch of great gifts that will definitely help start out our new life together. Also, it was great to have everyone come and share this exciting time with us. We want to again thank EVERYONE who helped out with the day....especially Aunt Sheila, Aunt Karen, Aunt Debbie, and Aunt Debbie!

We Love You!
Oh and you can check out Ashley's Blog (From A to Z) for better pictures!

No comments: